they pay to kiss your feet

since there's no one else around, we let our hair grow long and forget all we used to know. then our skin gets thicker from living out in the snow.

Monday, August 27, 2012

come closer.

there's life inside this cup
for the first time in years.
but it feels like
an immigrant
creeping slowly through the
streets
breathing in the sounds of the
city
assimilating first by dress
then by stature
and finally
by language and citizenship.
signing papers on a permanent line
that means stay
or go
but do as you wish.
(here is the problem)
it's at my mouth, this life
it is suddenly at my lips
so close to my tongue
i can taste it.
but my tongue is just the gatekeeper
the drawbridge that let's you in
or keeps you out
with barbed wire words
and pointed fingers.
fuck!
i yell at the cup.
fuck you for suddenly
pouring life out
and into
me.
fuck you, cup.
come closer. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home